Friday, November 5, 2010

Introductions

My name is Neville (yes, like that kid in Harry Potter). I watch a ton of television. The shows I watch are many and vary, but there is one show that I consistently watch when I need a pick-me-up. You know the one: Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

There are tons of sites about BtVS on the web. What makes this blog any different from them? Well, for one, it's written by me: a Creative Writing major with a fondness for horror, sci-fi, and fantasy. And another thing: this website is an experiment in Buffy-watching. I shall watch one (and only one) episode a week and attempt to analyze it as one would analyze a Robert Frost poem or a James Joyce novel.

Yes, it shall be daunting. But I shall not waver, I shall not quit, not until 144 weeks have passed (or I get bored, whichever comes first). And maybe then I'll move on to Angel.

So: hello and welcome! Let the experiment begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment